Student Activities and Resources
Wharton students yearn to answer today’s most challenging business and social questions.
We create opportunities that train the social impact business leaders of tomorrow. In addition to our programs and research, Wharton Social Impact Initiative has a range of student activities and resources for the impact curious—and those who are ready to make a strong commitment.
If you are a Penn or Wharton grad or undergrad student and want to learn more about opportunities with WSII, or if you have a specific question, you can meet with our staff during our spring semester office hours every Monday and Wednesday from 12-1pm in Vance Hall 109. Students use office hours to talk with our team about a variety of social impact topics including:
- WSII opportunities that can help you further your passion for social impact
- Questions related to WSII’s student groups and funding
- Ways to strengthen your current presentations and pitches for social impact prize competitions
- Follow-up questions from WSII events
Staff members rotate through office hours and students are seen on a first-come, first-served basis. To make the most of your time with our staff, please come prepared with specific questions or content you’d like to discuss. If you’d like to make an appointment to speak with a specific staff member during office hours, you may contact them directly to find out which office hours they’ll be staffing.
Student Groups & Activities
- The Social Impact Fellowship provides a framework for understanding and experiencing social impact. Selected undergraduate and MBA students strengthen their strategic, operational, and leadership skills in relevant projects while gaining real-world experience.
- The Turner Social Impact Society is a community that provides training opportunities, workshops, summer experiences for Wharton and Penn undergraduates.
- Wharton Impact Investing Partners is an exclusive student-run investment group that provides training and education on the impact investing process.
- Wharton Africa Growth Partners is a student-led impact investing program designed to foster inclusive social and economic growth in sub-Saharan Africa.
- The MBA Impact Investing Network & Training Program(MIINT) is an international experiential lab designed to equip business students with both theoretical and hands-on experience with the impact investment process. More than two dozen business schools compete each year.
Events & Other Resources for Students
- Join the MBA Wharton Social Impact Club, undergraduate Social Impact Advisory Board, or one of the many professional, social, or special interest clubs available on campus.
- The annual Social Innovator in Residence program is a chance for both one-on-one interaction and small group conversations with prominent social visionaries.
- The Turner Social Impact Executive Speaker Series serves as an entry point for the impact curious. The series brings high-profile guests and celebrities to campus to discuss philanthropy, advocacy, education, investment, and other efforts to create positive change in the world.
- Working at a social impact organization this summer? Apply for internship funding.
For Recent Graduates & Other Alumni
Bendheim Loan Forgiveness Fund
For MBAs working in public service, nonprofit, government or social impact sectors, we can offer some financial support. With the Bendheim Loan Forgiveness Fund, recent graduates can earn up to $20,000 a year to pay back student loans. More