Hello! We’re glad you’re here.
Whether starting off your freshman year or returning as an upperclassman, you already know that Wharton holds infinite possibilities. It’s where you come to examine ideas, think strategically, and make an impact. With a flexible curriculum, 225+ world-renowned faculty, and a dynamic student community, you’ll have opportunities to explore business and more.
Our team is especially excited to highlight the different opportunities for students interested in changing the world through a commitment to social impact.
Who are we? Wharton Social Impact Initiative — or WSII for short — strives to inspire, facilitate, and support the Wharton community in creating sustainable solutions with a focus on impact now. More and more, students turn to us to learn how to create financial and social value in their business careers.
And we have plenty of opportunities specifically for Wharton and Penn undergrads.
Now that you’ve unpacked, here’s what you can do now:
- Find undergraduate courses that include social impact content—from social entrepreneurship to corporate social responsibility. Meet your professors and see what they’re researching. Did you know there’s even a Social Impact and Responsibility concentration?
- Learn how to become a Social Impact Fellow with WSII! This exciting program gives you a hands-on start in the world of social impact. There are dozens of projects specifically for undergraduates; you can find open positions on our job board. Also take a look at our projects page to better understand our focus areas.
- Learn how to become a member of the Turner Social Impact Society, and start preparing your application! Open to select Penn and Wharton undergraduates, TSIS is a community of students with intellectual curiosity about social impact and a commitment to making a difference.
- Apply to join the Wharton Social Venture Fund, and build your knowledge of impact investing. This is the first year that WSVF will accept undergraduate students.
- Check out student groups with a social impact focus, such as the Penn Social Entrepreneurship Movement, Social Impact Consulting Group, or IMPACT Magazine. Meet and greet with club leaders at Wharton’s Clubbing Night on 8/27, and visit the Social Impact Open House (9/4, JMHH F45, 6-7 p.m.) to meet even MORE groups!
Still want to learn more?
Read our collection of Impact Stories to see real examples of students, alumni and faculty using their business acumen to do good while also doing well.
Browse our blog throughout the semester for more information, student perspectives, and a weekly events round-up.
Tune in to SiriusXM for “Dollars and Change,” the two-hour social impact show hosted by WSII. Learn more about Wharton’s Business Radio channel here.
Keep in touch by liking us on Facebook or following on Twitter to stay abreast of upcoming events, conferences, speaker series, opportunities and other news.