Do you have ideas about how to integrate and support social impact initiatives at Wharton? The Social Impact Advisory Board (SIAB) has new opportunities for passionate and proactive undergraduate students to help guide and develop social impact activities on campus.
Currently recruiting Wharton freshmen and sophomores, the Social Impact Undergraduate Advisory Board works closely with Wharton Social Impact Initiative to develop and implement activities that strengthen and expand Wharton’s social impact initiatives.
Students drive integration and coordination of activities, identify openings for new partnerships, and support new and existing projects, events and initiatives.
This student-run advisory board is comprised of 6-10 Wharton undergraduates, each dedicated to fostering social change through a study of business.
Throughout the year, students work to:
- Interact closely with WSII leadership and with the range of WSII collaborations, such as the Center for High Impact Philanthropy, Netter Center for Community Partnerships
- Develop and support new and existing partnerships, projects and initatives within the social impact sphere
- Develop a deeper understanding of the social issues facing local and global communities; and explore innovative approaches to addressing these issues
- Lead broader discussions with alumni, MBAs, and local leaders and partners
- Act as leaders at Wharton, Penn, in Philadelphia and beyond
To get involved: attend an info session on Wednesday, September 11 at 5 p.m. in SHDH 211, where interested undergrads can learn about the application process, ask questions and dive deeper into the SIAB’s social impact mission. Applications will open on September 11 and close September 20 at midnight.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.